Tuesday, March 30

a crazy calling

We know that God calls people to do crazy things sometimes.

My husband and I have commented more than once how much easier things have recently become. Will's school has helped him tremendously, which in turn has made things easier on us. Norah has settled into our family, weathered most of the really awful twos and seems to be coming around to the other side. Caroline, for her part, has always been pretty easy and helpful.

So just when we thought we were comfortable, we heard a calling.

It started with a picture.



And then another.



Until I finally realized that the reason I could not leave this little face was perhaps that MY plan...the one where I adopted again when Norah and Will were in school a full day...the one that included paying off Norah's adoption first....wasn't the plan at all. It became really clear that His plan included this child.

And so it begins. One more crazy, awesome journey.

8 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog please don't quit. That was one huge surprise..another adoption. How could Norah be done with the terrible twos when Gigi has only been in them for a couple of months. Congratulations and we wish you the best of luck. Sunny and Gigi's grandma, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie!
    Thanks for the sweet comments. Norah isn't totally finished with the terrible twos - trust me. Lately, though, we're actually able to reason with her where a couple of months ago, I didn't think one of us would make it to age three. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Heather! So Excited for all of you. I hope you don't stop blogging...I love hearing what is going on with your beautiful family. Congrats and our prayers are with all of you.

    -Mariah Kroger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, God's plan. Seems like it's never my plan :) But always so much better. Cannot wait to follow your journey. So jealous! Ethan said some prayers for you and also wished himself another brother...YIKES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute and I can't wait to hear about this journey, meet him and snuggle him up. We are saying lots of prayers for you guys.
    Love you, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you shared. God's plan sometimes seem a little crazy to us.......but it is His plan and it is good! I am excited to hear updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was filled with joy and tears when reading this. What hearts to love you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH!!! I'm so excited for you. And so happy for this little boy. I know how loving and caring the two of you are and I'm so glad that this little boy will be a part of your family. By the way - he is so adorable!!!

    Lina

    ReplyDelete