Friday, July 24

Meeting the Mouse

We had a great time with our friends in the land of Disney yesterday! I have to track down a camera cord, so for now, there are no pictures.

My husband and I reflected on past vacations, which honestly, were mostly stressful. Will's metabolic issues were discovered last May, and even during our last vacation in June last year, he was a mess. He was super low on carnitine, and it showed. Two years ago, we went to Disney, and Will was hard to deal with and really didn't enjoy the vacation much.

Yesterday, he loved it. He rode rides, met Mater and Lightning McQueen, and watched the parade and fireworks. In general, the only tantrums we saw were when we had to pull him off of rides because he was enjoying himself so much. The girls loved every minute of it as well. It was hard not to be on a high the entire day watching ALL three of my children sincerely enjoying vacation. For my husband and I, it was an experience to remember and the first vacation in a long time that we got to breathe....just totally relax.

I was reminded of how far Will has come in one year, and how very blessed we are with all of our kids as well as what good friends we have.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Eric and I have been praying you would have a good enjoyable vacation. You deserve it and so does Will. Can't wait to see pix when you get back.. We're missing you around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad fun was had by all! I can't believe how far Will has come this year. Can't wait to see what the next year brings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you! It's great to hear that you are ALL enjoying the vacation. Can't wait to see photos.

    ReplyDelete